Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NMI interrupt pin T8 WAKEUP

Jump to solution
Nexus76
Contributor II

Good morning,

I'm using MIMXRT1170-EVK board and I'd like use NMI interrupt with SW7 WAKEUP key.

I have imported SDK example "igpio_input_interrupt_cm7" so I have tried to modify the code adding

IOMUXC_SetPinMux(
IOMUXC_WAKEUP_DIG_NMI_GLUE_NMI, 
0U); 

IOMUXC_SetPinConfig(
IOMUXC_WAKEUP_DIG_NMI_GLUE_NMI, 
0x00U);

but when I press the key SW7 it doesn't work.

Obviously I have changed 

BOARD_USER_BUTTON_IRQ_HANDLER NMI_Handler    from GPIO13_Combined_0_31_IRQHandler

What is the correct way to set NMI interrupt using SW7 key ?

Best regards

1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nexus76 

Continuing our internal discussion, Please try the attached code (previous code have small error)

diego_charles_0-1664409926932.png

The NMI interrupt is high level sensitive. So if you are using our EVK , you will see that the interrupt will continuously trigger, unless you press the wake button. The wake button is active low.

Also for testing you can also use UART. If you are debugging by SWD, you may seen that the debug session stops after enabling the NMI muxing. I presume this is because the NMI is continuously triggered, halting all processor operations.

Many thanks!

Diego.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nexus76
Contributor II

Thanks Diego, it works.

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nexus76 

Thanks for letting us know, 

Diego

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nexus76 

Continuing our internal discussion, Please try the attached code (previous code have small error)

diego_charles_0-1664409926932.png

The NMI interrupt is high level sensitive. So if you are using our EVK , you will see that the interrupt will continuously trigger, unless you press the wake button. The wake button is active low.

Also for testing you can also use UART. If you are debugging by SWD, you may seen that the debug session stops after enabling the NMI muxing. I presume this is because the NMI is continuously triggered, halting all processor operations.

Many thanks!

Diego.

0 Kudos