cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1064 Debugging Specifically Designed Card

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear Authorized,

I am able to debug my EVK with PEMicro Multilink FX Debug Probe by using below directives:

1. 20 pin cable connected from PEmicro Multilink to J21 on the MIMXRT1064-EVK
2. SW7 configured as OFF-OFF-ON-OFF on the MIMXRT1064-EVK
3. J1 jumper set to 3-4 on the MIMXRT1064-EVK
4. Micro USB connected to J9 to provide voltage on the MIMXRT1064-EVK.

My Question:

Is there a specific requirement for debugging MIMXRT1064DVL6A MCU in specifically designed card? 

We designed a micro computer by using MIMXRT1064DVL6A for our startup in university research lab. I am using 10-pin JTAG Connector same as J34 in EVK. The JTAG_TMS, JTAG_TCK, JTAG_TDI, JTAG_TDO, and JTAG_nTRST pins connected corresponding counterparts for JTAG PORT in MCU PINOUT Page in SPF-32221_A2.pdf.

I am not able to debug my card. MCUXpresso returns PEMicro Connection Assistant window. It says “An error occurred while connecting to the interface hardware or target specified in the Launch Configuration Dialog….” 

Could you please help me about what kind of tricks should be considered in this scenario?

Thanks and Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

jernejturnsek
Contributor I

I think by default MIMXRT1064 is in SWD mode. For JTAG mode you need to reconfigure it.

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, The recommendation is in the HDG and this thread. 

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=MIMXRT105060HDUG
Design Considerations for Debug - NXP Community

The windows that you mentioned are similar to the image below. If yes, the common cases are, because the connection is too long, does not have power [the universal multilink FX is the only one that can provide power], and the cable connection is the other way around.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1676415898702.png

Confirm that and tell me if the problem persists.

Best regards,
Pavel

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @Pavel_Hernandez ,

I have the same window with little difference, my second combobox holds “UMultilink Universal FX Rev B on USB1(Name=PEM)” instead “USB1: USB-ML-12 Rev C (PE5515143)”. I tried and checked the issue which you link. Unfortunately problem is still around.

I am continue for trials.

Do you know another board specific prerequisites which I should apply to my card?

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, the recommendation is in the document of the hardware design guide, you need to be sure the MCU is botting as that mentioned.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1676515577500.png

Best regards,
Pavel

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

I have reached the document Hardware Development Guide (MIMXRT105060HDUG) but I can’t find “hardware design guide”. Could please share the link?

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, maybe this information could help you, in the search bar put MIMXRT105060HDUG this will find the document.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1677016810117.png

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

I already have the document MIMXRT105060HDUG but this is “hardware development guide”. Didn’t you mention “hardware design guide” ?

Thanks and Regards.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, sorry I misspelled the wrong name.

Best regards,
Pavel

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, let me get more information, and when I have more details, I will contact you.

Best regards,
Pavel