cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1062xxx5A Startup Current Consumption

Rudy25
Contributor I

Hi all,

One of our project is using the NXP MIMXRT1062xxx5A. We have noticed that the current consumption at 3.3V is different when powering up the board the first time and when firmware upgrade is done via the flashloader and the board boot-up again after firmware upgrade is done.

When I say, 3.3V it means the voltage rail to power the DCDC_IN, VDD_HIGH_IN, VDDA_ADC_3P3, VDD_SNVS_IN, NVCC_SD1, NVCC_SD0,, NVCC_GPIO, NVCC_EMC of the microcontroller.

We put a DMM in series across 3.3V to measure the current and we are getting different results as follows.

A. The board is OFF then we supply power to the board. The board will boot-up and we are reading around 35mA.

B. The board is ON and running. We trigger a firmware upgrade request and then it jumps from Application to Bootloader. The flashloader will run then to perform the firmware upgrade. Once firmware upgrade is done, the board will boot-up and during this time we are reading around 45mA.

Where is this 10mA difference coming from? Any help or idea is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rudy

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rudy25
Contributor I

Hello @EdwinHz,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the current consumption remains at 45mA after firmware upgrade where MCU did reset.

But it is different if I manually reset the power supply. The current consumption is only 35mA.

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rudy25,

This extra consumption is natural during firmware upgrade due to the natural processing power and peripheral activation.

However, did I understand that current consumption remains at 45mA after MCU reset as well?

0 Kudos