cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Flashing the Hex file using NXP boot utility V3.5.0

S_Rai
Contributor I

Hello,

We are trying to flash the Hex file generated into our board which has MIMXRT1176DVMAA controller using NXP boot utility tool.

Its giving an error as FlexSPI write alignment error.

But the bin file of the same application can be loaded and is working fine.

What might be the issue?

Regards

Sanath

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @S_Rai ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To be prudent, I was wondering if you can share the log of the NXP boot utility V3.5.0, further, please illustrates the steps of generating the hex file.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

S_Rai
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou,

Thank you for the reply.

1. Below is the Log from NXP boot utility.

S_Rai_0-1667365692084.png

2.I am converting the .axf file to .hex file from MCU Xpresso Binary Utilities option .

the .bin file which is being converted in same way is working when we dump using NXP boot utility.

S_Rai_1-1667365844419.png

Regards

Sanath

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @S_Rai ,
Thanks for your reply.
Actually, you need to adjust the linker file and modify related macros prior to generating the axf, so please refer to the post.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos