IMXRT1060 - Flexspi nor polling transfer example works only once.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1060 - Flexspi nor polling transfer example works only once.

MD32764
Contributor I

I am using a custom board with IMXRT1061. It has a serial NOR (Winbond 128Mbit) on FlexSPI_A. on the same FlexSPI port as Eval board.

The FlexSPI nor polling transfer example works out of the box but only once. a rerun fails during Erasing. Again, if I change the example sector, the example works fine for the first time.

FlexSPI communication seems to be working fine as I am getting the correct vendor ID.

Below is the UART log:

FLEXSPI example started!
Vendor ID: 0xef
Erasing Serial NOR over FlexSPI...
Erase data - successfully.
Program data - successfully.

FLEXSPI example started!
Vendor ID: 0xef
Erasing Serial NOR over FlexSPI...
Erase data - read out data value incorrect !

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MD32764 ,

Please also tell me your used winbond flash chip partnumber, I need to check, whether your LUT in the code and the FCB is really matches your flash chip.

You also can check the read, write, program commander in your used flash datasheet, and compare it with the code LUT commander, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

MD32764
Contributor I

Hi Kerry, I am unable make the flash connect using the example after reset, power cycling, etc.The DQS pin is configured and floating.

I am suspecting that FCB may have been erased when I ran the example for the first time. Is it possible?

Another observation is that all examples or code do not run from Flash when "Linked to RAM" option is unchecked. I get the error

No source available for "_pvHeapStart() at 0x2000017e"

My code should run from 0x6000000

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MD32764 ,

Your report issue 0x2000017e, it is the DTCM, seems you let the heap in the DTCM.

You mentioned: unable make the flash connect using the example after reset, power cycling,

It is caused by your download app meet boot issues, to this situation, you need to do the external memory mass erase at first.  You can download the  FlexSPI nor polling transfer example to internal RAM instead of the flash, as your flash still can't totally work.

Whether your board can enter the serial download mode or not, then you can use the USB or the UART to connect your board, and the MCUBootutility/SPT tool to do the mass-erase.

Now, when you meet the connect issues, you also can enter the serial download mode, and do the RAM code running, or the mass erase.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MD32764 ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

You mean, work once, then if you do the reset, or the POR again, whether that works or not?

Do you try the Winbond 128Mbit on the MIMXRT1060-EVK board, whether that can reproduce the issues or not?

In your custom board, do you leave the DQS pin as float?

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos