cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1020 SNVS with HAB.

Jump to solution
nicolasmuratore
Contributor III
Hi everybody, I hope you are doing well, I have a doubt about the SNVS and High assurance boot on IMXRT1020, I read that SNVS is a special part of the HAB system and in some cases it should be powered by a battery, if you want to use the internal RTC or if you want to implement anti- tampering. I'm thinking to use the "encrypted authentication boot" feature provided by the HAB system, to authenticate an image that resides on SD card, I have two questions please: 1) I won't use the internal RTC or anti-tampering so, it's necessary to power the SNVS using a battery? 2) Could be possible to authenticate an image that resides on a SD Card? About the second question, I was reading many documents, so I think the answer is yes, but I would like to be shure. Many thanks!!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

1) I won't use the internal RTC or anti-tampering so, it's necessary to power the SNVS using a battery?

Yes, it's not necessary to power SNVS using a battery. VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN can be tied together if the real-time clock function is not needed during the system power-down.

2) Could be possible to authenticate an image that resides on a SD Card?

Yes, this is possible. 

Regards,
Victor 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

1) I won't use the internal RTC or anti-tampering so, it's necessary to power the SNVS using a battery?

Yes, it's not necessary to power SNVS using a battery. VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN can be tied together if the real-time clock function is not needed during the system power-down.

2) Could be possible to authenticate an image that resides on a SD Card?

Yes, this is possible. 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos