I2S/TDM ADVICE WITH RT1060

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2S/TDM ADVICE WITH RT1060

HeritageMarco
Contributor I

Hi, I'm very new with the nxp rt1060 and with embbeded systems in general. I would like to implement a simple program to route tdm or I2S from the codec CS42448 to the MCU and viceversa. I know there are examples on the sdk and I'm working with them. My problem is that I don't see which files do I need to modify in order to route inputs and outputs. I would be very grateful if someone could give me some help or advices.

I'm using the MIMXRT1060-EVKB and the AUD-EXP42448 audio board.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @HeritageMarco ,

You should config pin first. It's in BOARD_InitPins(). You can refer to sai_edma_record_playback. It use SAI1 to record and playback. All things are defined in the top of sai_edma_record_playback.c.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

HeritageMarco
Contributor I

Hi @jingpan, thanks for your answer. I'm trying to understand how SAI and TDM are managed in the example you mentioned. Can you confirm that both frames are structured as these pictures? I found them on google but since there are not related with the MIMXRT1060-EVKB and the AUD-EXP-42448 I'm not 100% sure that both frames work like this.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @HeritageMarco ,

Yes, RT1060 SAI can support TDM which has 8 channels and each channel has 32 bit.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos