How to solve gcc linker error (.ARM.exidx+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PREL31: followup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve gcc linker error (.ARM.exidx+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PREL31: followup

dave_carlson
Contributor III

Followup to old issue:  Re: RT1064: How to solve gcc linker error (.ARM.ex... - NXP Community

I am disappointed that the long-standing answer to a limitation of the ARM-EABI is:

1.  Use C (discard 100s of our application's files)

2.  Compile C++ without exceptions (ie. modify the semantics of 100s of our files)  Awful.

The SEMC (or XIP from flexSPI) is never going to be < 30 bits from the ocram.  So all our C++ code that needs to be fast cannot throw/catch exceptions?

This would have been nice to disclose (or did I miss it...) rather than bury that C++ is effectively not supported until customer's code size outgrows ocram and link into sdram/xip.

So, two years from the original problem was "closed" NXP still has no better solution?  Like 32bit veneers for exceptions -- even if a departure from the ARM-EABI specification?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dave_carlson,

I couldn’t find information on this being addressed on the newer MCUXpresso releases. There have not been workarounds to this limitations as of today.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos