How does the AHB memory map look like if we use Octal/Hyperbus and connect 2 devices?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the AHB memory map look like if we use Octal/Hyperbus and connect 2 devices?

Jump to solution
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

the RT1020 FlexSPI AHB memory map is defined as following

pastedImage_1.pngfor individual and parallel mode.

How does the AHB memory map look like if we use Octal/Hyperbus and connect 2 devices? Does it look like parallel mode?

Kind regards,

Stefan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

I think I found my answer now and where I went wrong with my thoughts.

If I use two hyperflash devices it is like Individual mode but you can not connect Flash B1 and B2 because the B1 and B2 pins are used for combination mode. Is this correct?

Kind regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan Mitterhauser,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) How does the AHB memory map look like if we use Octal/Hyperbus and connect 2 devices?
-- As the below shows, and every FlexSPI port can support customize the flash size.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello jeremy,

thank you for you answer.

I still need some explanation to the picture. Do you mean if I use two Octal Flash devices which are using kFLEXSPI_PortA1 and kFLEXSPI_PortA2 for device selection their start addresses will both be mapped to 0x6000_0000? How can I switch between reading from Flash A1 and Flash A2?

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan Mitterhauser,

Thanks for your reply.
1) Do you mean if I use two Octal Flash devices that are using kFLEXSPI_PortA1 and kFLEXSPI_PortA2 for device selection their start addresses will both be mapped to 0x6000_0000?
-- Please check the below picture.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

I think I found my answer now and where I went wrong with my thoughts.

If I use two hyperflash devices it is like Individual mode but you can not connect Flash B1 and B2 because the B1 and B2 pins are used for combination mode. Is this correct?

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan Mitterhauser,

Thanks for your reply.
1)  Is this correct?
-- Yes, it's.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Thank you jeremy!

0 Kudos