Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I link variable to HyperRAM in debug mode

Jump to solution
Vinos
Contributor III

IDE:MCUXPresso IDE

I've initialized hyperram successfully through code,and I have to make the HyperRAM the first RAM in memory details for my project has defined many variables.(In MCUXpresso IDE,variables always link to the first RAM and won't link to next automatically)It's annoying if I add a attribute(section()) to all the variables.

But program can't run successfully because copying data segment from NOR flash to uninitialized hyperram in ResetISR().I've used SDRAM to do the same thing,program runs if I initialize SDRAM(SEMC and clock) at the beginning of ResetISR.But the data segment won't copy to SDRAM.

Now I've tried initialize hyperram at the beginning of the ResetISR(),but even program doesn't run(Hardfault when executing CLOCK_ENABLE,due to redlib?).

SDRAM has a DAP script to initialize SDRAM before debuging.Program runs and data segment is copied using the DAP script.

But I don't have a script to initialize hyperram,how can I write one?

By the way,ROM bootLoader can initialize hyperram through XMCD or DCD,but MCUXPresso IDE seems to jump to the program by itself instead of resetting to ROM bootloader.So it doesn't work when debugging.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Vinos ,

The grammar is described in MCUXpresso user guide 20.5.4. You can edit it by any text editor.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Vinos ,

You have to make the script by yourself. It is very similar to SDRAM initialize script.

Regards,

Jing 

0 Kudos
Vinos
Contributor III
I've no idea,do you have scp file grammer?Or is there any tool to write this.
0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Vinos ,

The grammar is described in MCUXpresso user guide 20.5.4. You can edit it by any text editor.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos