cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting start address of flashloader

gsbalajikrishnan
Contributor II

Hi.

I have few queries in creation of secure flash-loader for iMXRT1160.

1.  How to retrieve start address from the flash-loader image (build from SDK) & provide input for BD file?

2.  Also, with the available BD files in the SPT tool(unsigned_MIMXRT1166_flashloader_win), with the start address(0x20200000) provided in the BD file & tried to convert the bin to srec using objcopy.exe. I can't be able to get the flashloader.srec image. if i provide the address as 0x20202000 for the srec conversion, I can be able to generate the required flashloader.srec. In this case, how to choose the address for the srec conversion or how to retrieve the address for that?

Best Regards,

Balajikrishnan.G.S

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. You have to check flash-loader project linker file manually to find start address

2. example BD files in the SPT tool may not work for your generated flashloader (As SDK project will be updated over time),we can only modify BD file manually.

In an ideal situation, SPT should get start address from flash-loader (elf/srec/hex) automatically and convert it. anyway my tool MCUBootUtility can do this job.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gsbalajikrishnan ,

1. Please see the .ld file if you use MCUXpresso IDE.

jingpan_0-1670830907783.png

The first part (above 0x2000) is head. The second part is application image. __vector_start_ is interrupt vector table. Application start address(ResetISR) is at 0x2004. Please note that different configure may have different head. Please read the System Boot chapter in reference manual.

2. Since the application image will be put into flash finally, IVT and FCB is needed. The first 0x2000 bytes should be reserved. Please let your code start from 0x20202000 at least.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos