Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexSPI on RT1170

Jump to solution
LoicBe
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using a RT1170 EVK board and I wanted to use FlexSPI FSL driver.

I can use without any problem the FlexSPI SDK example in MCUXpresso.  But, when I try to implement it in any other application, calling FLEXSPI_Init() makes the application crash immediately.

As a first step to understand it, I tried to implement some FlexSPI manipulation from a working SDK ("flexspi nor polling transfer") in another simple "Hello World" SDK example. 

So I added the flexspi driver from the "Manage SDK Component" GUI, I added the pins configuration in "pin_mux.c", the "flexspi_nor_flash_ops.c" and the related code from one example to another.

I checked the memory configuration to make them quite identical, but still, even the simple init call to "flexspi_nor_flash_init(EXAMPLE_FLEXSPI);" makes the modified "Hello world" app crash...

I do not really know where to look now... Any help would be very appreciated.

Best regards,

Loïc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I think the root cause is forgetting to relocate the FlexSPI driver to the RAM prior to calling them.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I think the root cause is forgetting to relocate the FlexSPI driver to the RAM prior to calling them.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

LoicBe
Contributor II

Hi @jeremyzhou,

Thank you for your answer, you are right.  I did not pay attention to the "linkerscripts" folder in the FlexSPI SDK example that allows to relocate the driver into the RAM.

It is working now!

Best regards,

Loïc.

0 Kudos