Flashloader IMXRT116x - How to move flashloader in flash to implement OTA update?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashloader IMXRT116x - How to move flashloader in flash to implement OTA update?

flexeos
Contributor II

Hi

We have MIMXRT1160-EVK with IMXRT1166 and we are trying to investigate how to use flashloader to implement an OTA update

We imported flashloader (for m7 core) from 1160 SDK (v. 2.10.0). It is intended to run in RAM after being loaded from an external tool. Since we have to update the application on the field we cannot load flashloader with an external tool and it must be resident in flash

At the moment we are using EVB in the default configuration and QSPI is used as an external flash?

Is it possible to relocate flashloader in some portion of the QSPI to implement our own policy for update?

Should be flashloader copied in RAM before execution? How can we do this?

Is it possible to write firmware to QSPI ? Seems that in flashloader QSPI driver are not included?

Is there a flashloader tool available for IMXRT11xx series? We found it only for IMXRT10xx families

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @flexeos ,

Please refer to this link. NXP has put RT1170 OTA source code in github. https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/RT1170-Field-firmware-update/m-p/1338628

RT1160 is very similar to RT1170. Porting this project to RT1160 is not difficult.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

huy_tv
Contributor I

Dear jingpan,

What about imxrt1021? Could you please give me suggestion?
I tried to read forum and SDK, but it's seem not good fit?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can porting RT1060 OTA bootloader to RT1021. 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos