Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXIO and eLCDIF

Daniel14
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using R1052 platform.

Both of FLEXIO and eLCDIF are required for the project. FLEXIO2 has 32 IOs that share the same pin with eLCDIF, At least 15 IOs FLEXIO are needed (14 bits parallel interface pluse a clock), so only left 17 IOs for eLCDIF, except LCD_VSYNC, LCD_HSYNC, LCD_CLK, LCD_ENABLE, only left 13 IOs for LCD data. 

My questions is: the eLCDIF WORD_LENGTH option is 16_BIT, 8_BIT, 18_BIT and 24_BIT  the FLEXIO2 PWIDTH option is 1 bit, 4 bit, 8bit, 16 bit 32 bit. So, For FLEXIO2 interface, I only can choose 16bits but only config 14 IOs,  can I choose 16_BIT eLCDIF word length but only config 13 IOS? Or what is the best solution for my application?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Daniel14
Contributor III

Hi, Fangfang。

Thanks for your response. RGB332 is indeed can be work with poor performance. But can I config WORD_LENGTH as 16_BIT,  but only set 12bits of PINs setPinMUX,such like below:

IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_B0_04_LCD_DATA00, 0U);

IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_B0_15_LCD_DATA11, 0U);

So in this way, I can extend the 8bits to 12bits.

I don't know wheather flexio data bus and elcdif data would conflict?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

>>only left 17 IOs for eLCDIF, except LCD_VSYNC, LCD_HSYNC, LCD_CLK, LCD_ENABLE, only left 13 IOs for LCD data.

Because you only 13IOs for LCD data.  You only use RGB332 for it. But the performance should be not good. 

Hope it help you. Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos