Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFUSE AREA WRITE OPERATIONS

Jump to solution
SpeedyGonzaless
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using I.MX RT1170. I want to make the M4 processor the primary processor. There is a register in the EFUSE region for this.But i am wondering something. Can the change made in the Efuse region be undone? After M4 is selected, can M7 processor be primary again in different projects?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ramprakash09
Contributor II

Hi,

It look like that the primary processor is determined by a register in the EFUSE region. Once a change is made in the EFUSE region, it is typically permanent and cannot be undone. This is because the EFUSE region is usually used for one-time programmable (OTP) memory, which can only be written to once.

So, if you make the M4 the primary processor by changing the register in the EFUSE region, you will not be able to make the M7 the primary processor again in different projects. This is a critical decision and should be made with care.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ramprakash09
Contributor II

Hi,

It look like that the primary processor is determined by a register in the EFUSE region. Once a change is made in the EFUSE region, it is typically permanent and cannot be undone. This is because the EFUSE region is usually used for one-time programmable (OTP) memory, which can only be written to once.

So, if you make the M4 the primary processor by changing the register in the EFUSE region, you will not be able to make the M7 the primary processor again in different projects. This is a critical decision and should be made with care.

Regards

0 Kudos
SpeedyGonzaless
Contributor I

Hello,

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos