cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver.cmake for watchdog for CM4

holeyaji
Contributor I

Hello

We are implementing rtwdog4 for core 4 watchdog for imxrt, but there were no separate driver.cmake is present  in NXP/SDK.

So how to implement the rtwdog4 for core 4, Can you please support us on this.

0 Kudos
10 Replies

holeyaji
Contributor I

Hello Pablo

Thanks for your quick suggestion.

As the readme.txt is suggesting to download a binary for cm4, as I earlier mention there is no SDK example code available for watchdog for cm4 to Flash on board directly, As I didn't find any.

So can you help me with one sample code for rtwdog_4 for cm4.

Thanks

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @holeyaji 

Please accept my apologies for the delay on my response. I was having a lot of cases on my testing queue and my backlog increased a lot.

I would like to let you know that since last weekend I started to look for alternatives for your concerns and tried to find something for running rtwdog on C-M4, but still I cannot hit the nail on the head. I would like to ask for you a little more patient, as soon as possible I will update you with some news.

Thanks a lot for your patience, again, it is so appreciated.

BR.

Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

holeyaji
Contributor I

Sure Pablo, 

Thanks for acknowledgement. 

0 Kudos

holeyaji
Contributor I

For my 2nd point the SDK example will run when we are giving external reset from EVK (SW4).

But when we simply flash and run it wont work.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

About this comment, is it happening to you when running the normal rtwdog example for C-M7 ?

0 Kudos

holeyaji
Contributor I

Yes, for normal rtwdog example for C-M7, I have to give reset then it is working fine.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @holeyaji 

Thanks a lot for your reply and for the additional information provided.

Regarding the reset needed to run the example, this is needed because rtwdog at the beginning is disabled when just going to debug mode, so you need to flash it, and then do a power-on-reset to have the wdog enabled as it says in the readme.txt file from the example.

Then, to run successfully the demo on Cortex-M4, you need to follow the same steps than Cortex-M7, by taking in mind the steps:

PabloAvalos_0-1686164124867.png

I do not have a board right now to test it, but it has to work as the readme file says. Please follow it, and if something is still wrong, please let me know to get an EVK to test it.

This is part of the readme.txt file that is helpful, if needed:

PabloAvalos_1-1686164224053.png

I will stay tuned.

BR.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

holeyaji
Contributor I

Hello PabloAvalos

1. We are using mimxrt1176 EVK

2. Yes we refer the SDK example of RTWDOG for Cortex-M7 as it is the only one available, but when we try to debug the output is not as expected

3. When we are trying to implement Watchdog for Cortex-M4, it search for driver.cmake for Cortex-M4 which is not there in path SDK/NXP/EVKMIMXRT1170/devices/MIMXRT1176/driver

4. We are trying to implement watchdog for both Cortex M7 as well as M4 also

Hope I covered all the points.

Thanks

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @holeyaji 

Thanks a lot for your waiting on this case. It is really appreciated.

Regarding your case, after several tryings from my side, I had to ask to my apps engineer and now I am waiting an answer from their side, so I would like to ask for you a little more patience to get an update for you as soon it is possible.

Additionally, I would like to ask if you made changes to the rtwdog example code and what changes you made? also did you configure something more to run the example on CM4? because rtwdog3 module is for CM7 and rtwdog4 is for CM4 as the Reference Manual stands.

Thank you much again, surely be right back with an update.

BR.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @holeyaji 

Thanks a lot for reaching our technical support on our community and many thanks for your patience.

Regarding your issue, first of all I would like to know which RT EVK you are using for ? and then, I am wondering if you refer to the RTWDOG example from SDK ? And last but not least, what are you trying to do with the driver.cmake ? Just to get me out of confusion, you want to flash rtwdog on Cortex-M4 instead of Cortex-M7 as usually and by default in some projects are flashed to this M7 without asking?

Hope you may clarify these points to help you with your concern. I will stay tuned.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos