cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributing an open source project

kostasKar
Contributor I

Hello,
I have built a project using MCUXpresso and EVK-MIMXRT1060 SDK.

I would like to publish the project to a public GitHub repository, but I can't find a way to publish only my application files and use the  needed SDK libraries as a git submodule.

Right now my repository contains the whole project tree with the folders 'board', 'drivers', 'lwip', 'source' etc.
Is there a way to extract only the needed files and leave only references to the sdk resources?

It should be made in a way that the user of the repo can easily import it to the IDE and work on the project

Can you please point me to a direction on how I should approach this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

My name is Daniel and I will be happy to help you.

I believe this article might be helpful. Could you please take a look to it?

Best regards, Daniel.

0 Kudos

kostasKar
Contributor I

Hello Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your response.
I read the article, but it does not seem to resolve my issue.
With Team->Share project, the whole project tree is exported to the repo.
I can sure ignore all generated files and keep it clean, but still the repo will contain all SDK libraries, like the folders 'drivers', 'freertos', 'lwip' etc, and my application files inside 'source' folder
I would like to somehow exclude all the SDK components and only have my application files and a link to any SDK resources,so that the user can import my project to their mcuxpresso ide, add the SDK and continue working on the project's code.

For example, let's see the case of the lwip ping example.
We can see it in this NXP's repo:
https://github.com/nxp-mcuxpresso/mcux-sdk-examples/tree/main/evkbmimxrt1060/lwip_examples/lwip_ping...
It only contains the application specific files, like freertos and lwip configuration, board pin mux and the application logic.

If I had imported this example in the IDE, using the 'Import SDK examples' option, I would have ended up with the project directory seen in the image attached.
And this whole tree would inevitably end up in my repository.
But I would like to create a repo with my project that looks like the lwip ping example in NXP's repo and only contains my application files and not the whole SDK resources.
Is there a way to do that?

Thank you

0 Kudos

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately, there isn’t a pre-made way to do this and it seems we don’t have any tutorial on how to achieve this.

I’d recommend you to use gitignore so you can ignore the redundant parts of your project.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you.

Best regards, Daniel.

0 Kudos