Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the eFuse using "load fuse" command in .bd file

Jump to solution
jake111
Contributor I

Chip:RT1176

the bd file "SDK/middleware/mcu-boot/bin/Tools/bd_file/imxrt117x/enable_hab.bd" seems to change the SRK and SEC_CONFIG of the eFuse.

the enable_hab.bd file is as below

# Program SRK table
load fuse 0xD132E7F1 > 0x18;
load fuse 0x63CD795E > 0x19;
load fuse 0x8FF38102 > 0x1A;
load fuse 0x22A78E77 > 0x1B;
load fuse 0x01019c82 > 0x1C;
load fuse 0xFC3AC699 > 0x1D;
load fuse 0xF2C327A3 > 0x1E;
load fuse 0xDAC9214E > 0x1F;
# Program SEC_CONFIG to enable HAB closed mode
load fuse 0x00000002 > 0x06;

How can I know the corresponding address of 0x18~0x1F?

They don't seem to be the Fuse Row Index refering to "OTP Memory Footprint"  of RT1176.And I find the .bd file of RT1176 is as same as that of RT1060.It seems it's defined by flashloader,but where can I find the reference manual that demonstrates this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jake111 

The  enable_hab.bd is only a template. If you want to know more details about the OTP Memory Footprint you need to request access to the Security Reference Manual for the i.MX RT1170 Processor

If you are intending to enable HAB on the RT1170 , the MCUXpresso SPT already supports enabling HAB and properly burning SRK fuses. So I suggest you using this tool instead modifying bd files by your own and using the manufactuting tool. Refer to  MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool User Guide v.6 for details. For example, section Booting encrypted (HAB) image.

Regards, 

Diego

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jake111 

The  enable_hab.bd is only a template. If you want to know more details about the OTP Memory Footprint you need to request access to the Security Reference Manual for the i.MX RT1170 Processor

If you are intending to enable HAB on the RT1170 , the MCUXpresso SPT already supports enabling HAB and properly burning SRK fuses. So I suggest you using this tool instead modifying bd files by your own and using the manufactuting tool. Refer to  MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool User Guide v.6 for details. For example, section Booting encrypted (HAB) image.

Regards, 

Diego

0 Kudos