cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Byte shift between flexspi ahb bus read flash commands

Jump to solution
jautry
Contributor IV

I have an embedded design using an iMXRT1062 and an ISSI25LP512 flash.  Using this flash, I need to use 4 byte addressing.  There are two ways to do this, one setting the EXTADD bit in flash bank register to force all reads to require 4 byte addressing with the 0xEB quad command, the second to use a new 0xEC quad command which requires 4 byte addressing without the EXTADD bit set.  The LUT is setup to use one of these commands for the continuous read.  The problem I am having is if I have a location that has 0x55,0x42 in it, if I read that location with the 0xEB command with EXTADD set, I get the 0x55 as expected, but if I use the 0xEC command, I get 0x42 at the first location.  It is shifted by one byte.  I can change the offset value in the flexspi.c driver by one byte, but that seems more of a hack.  Not sure what this is or the proper way to address it.  Perhaps someone can enlighten me on it.  Thx

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jautry
Contributor IV

EXTADD is off.  I do not have a scope that will work at this these frequencies.  Adjusted buffer read to offset this issue which seems to work.  I also put in an inquiry with ISSI on this issue as I suspect it lies with them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd like to suggest that it should assure that the EXTADD bit is 0 when using the introduction 0xEC, and you can use the oscilloscope to visualize the reading process, it might provide clues.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
jautry
Contributor IV

EXTADD is off.  I do not have a scope that will work at this these frequencies.  Adjusted buffer read to offset this issue which seems to work.  I also put in an inquiry with ISSI on this issue as I suspect it lies with them.

0 Kudos