Building AVB demo app for IMXRT1170 stuck @ 1% building under Ubutu.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building AVB demo app for IMXRT1170 stuck @ 1% building under Ubutu.

usala
Contributor III

Hi,

I follow the setup instruction in the NXP_GenAVB_TSN_MCUXpresso_User_s_Guide_3_3_rev1.pdf as in the attached file SDK installation and build.txt and I keep getting stuck at [1%] building FreeRTOS gen_avb.  Any ideas why?

Rest regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos
5 Replies

usala
Contributor III

Hello,

I added the path to cc1.  export PATCH="$PATH:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/ and now it sees cc1 but I am getting cc1 errors.

cc1: error unrecognized command line option '-mthumb' , 'mfloat-abi=hard' and many others similar.  What's happening? What am I missing?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hello,

I just received 2 MIMXRT1170 evals kits because of the RT1050 PHY problem prevented me from use them for prove of concept AVB application in autos.  I restarted the process from the beginning again and now it gets beyond 1% it doesn't hang at 1% anymore and but now I am getting this error:

arm-none-eabi-gcc: fatal error: cannot execute 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.  See attachment with full error list.

Best  regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

If that is okay with you let’s start the follow up on this new thread as it’s a different scenario from your other thread.

As I mentioned, the process should be relatively painless if you are familiar with building for the i.MXRT1050 so it’s odd that it’s showing errors after you successfully built for the other board.

The permission denied error may be related to placement in different directories. From the screenshot I couldn’t see if some of the files were placed in folders not placed in home. If that is the case, chances are the differences in required credentials is causing the problem. You may try executing the .sh script with sudo (super user do) which runs as “administrator”, albeit always be careful when running with sudo in Linux.

The cc1 error I haven’t seen before, but it is related to the toolchain. I would recommend reinstalling the build-essentials package on your Ubuntu host with the following commands:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install --reinstall build-essential

And I would also reinstall the ARMGCC toolchain.

You were on the right track by adding the path to cc1, but you pointed to the x86_64-linux-gnu libraries that would be that of your host (X86 64-bit architecture) so it’s independent to the ARMGCC toolchain which allows to build for your target architecture (ARM Cortex-M7).

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hi Gustavo,

Good news!  I followed the steps that you suggested and I got it to build.  I loaded the image onto the talker/listener and the AVB demo works. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ulises

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

I'm glad to heart that! Thank you for letting us know!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos