Application code erased / reset vector issue in Newly created project in imxrt1176

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application code erased / reset vector issue in Newly created project in imxrt1176

Jeevan
Contributor III

Hi Team,

We had created a new project for IMXRT1176 using MCUxpresso IDE and added the flash driver .cfx file in the MCU setting as shown below. We are booting from QSPI flash starting with 0x30000000 location.

Jeevan_0-1712312413595.png

Just for example one user LED I was programing, as soon as we debug and flash the code the LED will start blinking and when we press the Power Reset button or POR_B Reset button on the imxrt1170 eval board, the code is stopped from execution.

Kindly suggest what may be issue and how to resolve this problem which is not seen with the SDK examples.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hello @Jeevan .

to help you with your problem, I need you to provide me with more information, specifically the version of the SDK that you are using and which version of the MCUxpresso. But for the moment, I can tell you that the proyect "iled_blinky_cm7" example of the SDK (version 3.14) with the MCUxpresso v11.9 version doesn't present your problem. Even with your same configurations of the flash. Please try this example code and let me know if you have issues.

BR
Habib

0 Kudos

Jeevan
Contributor III

Hi @Habib_Melchor_Santos ,

The MCUXpresso IDE version is "MCUXpresso IDE v11.8.1 [Build 1197] [2023-10-27]"

The SDK version is "2.14.0"

In the current SDK version's example code of "iled_blinky_cm7" is also not having any problem with respect to reset, it is working as its a sample SDK project.

But the Same code of "iled_blinky_cm7" if i copy and paste to a newly created project in MCUxpresso IDE, and flash it to the imxrt1170 eval board, the code is not executed after i press the Reset button.

0 Kudos

Hello again, @Jeevan .

The issue you're having is that you need to add two macros called XIP_EXTERNAL_FLASH and XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE. When you make a new project, these macros are not enabled by default, but can be added to the project as follows:

Habib_Melchor_Santos_0-1713387059876.png

These macros are necessary so that the memories can be configured properly. The following image shows the different functionality states of these macros:

Habib_Melchor_Santos_1-1713387079794.png

If you need more information about the functionality of these macros and how to program a bootable image, you can consult the following file:

How to Enable Debugging for FLEXSPI NOR Flash (nxp.com).

BR,
Habib

0 Kudos