Updated LCD panels for i.MX RT EVKs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are two new LCD panels that are now available for i.MX RT EVKs:

• The original RK043FN02H-CT panel is being replaced with the newer RK043FN66HS-CTG panel, which will affect the following EVKs:
    • i.MX RT1050
    • i.MX RT1060
    • i.MX RT1064

• The original RK055HDMIPI4M panel is being replaced with the newer RK055HDMIPI4MA0 panel, which will affect the following EVKs:
    • i.MX RT595
    • i.MX RT1160
    • i.MX RT1170

These changes are due to the previous panels being EOL by the LCD panel manufacturer. These new LCDs have the same dimensions and screen size as their original versions (4.3” 480x272 and 5.5” 720x1280 respectively) and the physical connections are the same. The version name can be found on the back of the LCD.

However there are modifications to the software that may need to be made or else the LCD panel will be dark or blank when running MCUXpresso SDK demos on i.MXRT EVKs. This updated code is already available in the latest MCUXpresso SDK and SDK demos are configured by default to use the new panels.  

For the i.MX RT1050/1060/1064 panel RK043FN66HS-CTG:

The touch controller has changed and the SDK software has been modified to support the new touch controller. The LCD panel also has slightly different specs but the same code used for the original LCD panel will also work with the new LCD panel, so no change is necessary for display-only demos. 

LCD demos are configured to support the new panel by default in the latest MCUXpresso SDK. So if you have the original panel you will need to change in the SDK code from

#define DEMO_PANEL  DEMO_PANEL_RK043FN66HS    //new panel (default SDK setting)
          to

#define DEMO_PANEL  DEMO_PANEL_RK043FN02H     //older panel

For the i.MX RT595/RT1160/RT1170 panel RK055HDMIPI4MA0:

Both the touch and display SDK software had to be updated to support this new panel.

LCD demos are configured to support the new panel by default in the latest MCUXpresso SDK. So if you have the original panel you will need to change in the SDK code from:

#define DEMO_PANEL DEMO_PANEL_RK055MHD091    //new panel (default SDK setting)
          to

#define DEMO_PANEL DEMO_PANEL_RK055AHD091    //older panel

50% helpful (1/2)
Version history
Last update:
‎08-17-2023 02:08 PM
Updated by: