yocto project. Searching library libjson-c-dev as on ubuntu.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yocto project. Searching library libjson-c-dev as on ubuntu.

Jump to solution
Anton_K
Contributor III

Hello. I hope I've select correct topic...
Can someone help me where can I search the list of available libraries for recipe of yocto build?
Specially I need to add to custom yocto distro libjson-c-dev library as on my ubuntu, but such library do not exists.
I think it is exist, but I need to know the way of where so search.
Thanks in advance, Anton!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Anton_K

Unfortunately, our current BSP doesn't provide libjson-c-dev. JSON-C is the main library and libjson-c-dev provides the header files and static libraries that are necessary to build programs that use JSON-C.
In this case, you will need to compile this JSON-C library for your NXP platform, at the following link you will find more information on how to compile:
GitHub - json-c/json-c

Also, please look on the following thread of NXP Community:
Solved: unable to reference to cJSON.h or json-c.h librari... - NXP Community

Finally, if you can't find any other solution to add this library, you can use our Desktop Image for iMX.Here you can build an image and use the apt get for include this library such as Ubuntu.

GitHub - nxp-imx/meta-nxp-desktop: i.MX Yocto Project Desktop Layer

I hope this information will be helpful.

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Anton_K

Unfortunately, our current BSP doesn't provide libjson-c-dev. JSON-C is the main library and libjson-c-dev provides the header files and static libraries that are necessary to build programs that use JSON-C.
In this case, you will need to compile this JSON-C library for your NXP platform, at the following link you will find more information on how to compile:
GitHub - json-c/json-c

Also, please look on the following thread of NXP Community:
Solved: unable to reference to cJSON.h or json-c.h librari... - NXP Community

Finally, if you can't find any other solution to add this library, you can use our Desktop Image for iMX.Here you can build an image and use the apt get for include this library such as Ubuntu.

GitHub - nxp-imx/meta-nxp-desktop: i.MX Yocto Project Desktop Layer

I hope this information will be helpful.

Have a great day!