uuu failed at UTP: Waiting for /dev/utp to appear when downloading the example_kernel_emmc.uuu

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uuu failed at UTP: Waiting for /dev/utp to appear when downloading the example_kernel_emmc.uuu

imx8-mdt
Contributor I

Hi experts,

I use the uuu to download image to imx8mm evk board.

If I use : uuu -b emmc_all  uboot.bin  image  to download the whole image , it will succeed. So I think it means the hardware environment is no problem.

But if I use uuu  example_kernel_emmc.uuu to download the kernel/dtb/rootfs, it is always stuck at UTP: Waiting for /dev/utp to appear .

From my understanding, in this step, it has downloaded the kernel_image and fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot into the DDR RAM. then boot the kernel_image.

But fails to recognize the new usb device.

my fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot is copied from NXP's demo image-LF_v5.10_2.0.0_images_IMX8MMEVK.

and my kernel is built from rel_imx_5.4.24_2.1.0.tar.bz2, use the  imx_v8_defconfig.

in this config , the usb related config are enabled :

CONFIG_USB_LIBCOMPOSITE=y
CONFIG_USB_F_MASS_STORAGE=y
CONFIG_USB_F_FS=y
CONFIG_USB_CONFIGFS=y
CONFIG_USB_CONFIGFS_MASS_STORAGE=y
CONFIG_USB_CONFIGFS_F_FS=y

my uuu version is uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.4.149-0-gab2f4c7

. as the uuu FBK   supports the two Vid/Pid.

FBK: 0x066f 0x9afe
FBK: 0x066f 0x9bff

I grep 066f in the linux code  ,can't find any usb vid defined to 066f.

Does the uuu support to download sperate kernel/rootfs to imx8mm?

What should I do to address this problem?

Anyone can suggest on this is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, this is supported in i.MX8MM I have even used this on my side and found no problem.

Could you share how are you running the script?
Also, please run the tool in verbose mode and share both the tool log and the UART console logs.

i.e.
.\uuu.exe -v example_kernel_emmc.uuu

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos