Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot nxp logo flickering issue for rear_view_camera application

Jump to solution
vishnudpai
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am working on rear_view_camera application which is working on M4 cortex during the boot process. So there is a nxp logo and filling bar during the boot process of TARGET_PRODUCT=mek_8q_car. The camera config was default in max9286. I have ov5640 camera, so I changed the configuration of default camera in imx8qm_mek.dts from folder nxp-opensource/kernel-imx/arch/arm64/boot/dts. Also I changed the header file in isi_config.h from max9286.h to ov5640.h. So when I build with this configuration changes I got a build error:

dd r _release/rear_view_camera.elf section `.ncache' will not fit in region `m_data2'

region `m_data2' overflowed by 3874816 bytes

So I edited the linker file in nxp/mcu_sdk_auto/nxp/mcu-sdk-auto/SDK_MEK-MIMX8QM/boards/mekmimx8qm/demo_apps/rear_view_camera/ cm4_core1/armgcc

-  m_data2 (RW) : ORIGIN = 0x89002800, LENGTH = 0x017FD800

+ m_data2 (RW) : ORIGIN = 0x89000000, LENGTH = 0x07000000

Now the build was successful, and the rear view camera application is working. But the problem here is the NXP logo and the filling bar is flickering continuously until the boot process.

I hope I am clear with my explanation. What is the change I need to do inorder to eliminate this flickering of uboot nxp logo??

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vishnudpai
Contributor II

Hi Dhruvit,

Thanks for your reply. I have resolved the issue by changing APP_CAMERA_WIDTH and APP_CAMERA_HEIGHT in isi_example.h according to the display used!!. Now mdata_2 is set to default!!.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vishnudpai
Contributor II

Hi Dhruvit,

Thanks for your reply. I have resolved the issue by changing APP_CAMERA_WIDTH and APP_CAMERA_HEIGHT in isi_example.h according to the display used!!. Now mdata_2 is set to default!!.

0 Kudos
Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishnudpai,

I hope you are doing well

NXP logo and the filling bar is flickering continuously until the boot process.

=> Are you using both CSI of imx8qm simultaneously in case of flickering?

Does the flickering stop after the boot procedure is completed?
If possible please share the snapshot of the same to debug the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada
0 Kudos