read/write pointer returned by vpu_DecGetBitstreamBuffer error when two threads decode mjpeg with different resolution using vpu simultaneously

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read/write pointer returned by vpu_DecGetBitstreamBuffer error when two threads decode mjpeg with different resolution using vpu simultaneously

Jump to solution
moon
Contributor I

I write a mjpeg decoder which is using vpu to decode mjpeg.

when two threads decode simultaneously with different resolution, for example, one is 320x240, another is 640x480, then read/write pointer returned by vpu_DecGetBitstreamBuffer is erroneous, it will beyond the biggest address of bitstream buffer which I allocated. and size will return 0 always after several minutes;

when two threads decode simultaneously with same resolution, then it will work correctly.

Does hardware support decode different resolution simultaneously for mjpeg?

platform: [iMx53, linux]

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LaurenPost
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I believe the VPU requires a specific size.  If the size changes the VPU instance has to be reinitialized.  This is because when the instance is instantiated physical memory is allocated based on the size specified. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LaurenPost
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I believe the VPU requires a specific size.  If the size changes the VPU instance has to be reinitialized.  This is because when the instance is instantiated physical memory is allocated based on the size specified. 

0 Kudos