cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raw ethernet with MQX on i.mx6 SoloX

johannesstuttne
Contributor II

Hi Guy´s,

I'm trying to port a proprietary Ethernet protocol that sends and receives Ethernet packages with fixed Headers in a constantly recurring period of time on the M4 Core of i.MX6 SX Processor (Sabre Eval Board) by using the MQX RTOS.

Unfortunately, I have found that there is no Ethernet support in the i.MX6 SX release of MQX. Also the IO Drivers for the ATHEROS AR8031-AL1B Ethenet controller are missing. Can someone help my out how to get the Controller/ETH1 Port up and running on the SabreSD Board? Can the phy Driver from an other MQX release (for example: phy_ksz8041.c) can be used or adopted?!

In addition, which registers of  the i.MX6SX (Enet memory map) need to be set, to dump send and receive fixed Ethernet packages with MQX?

I am using the ping pong example from mcc examples for testing purpose.

thanks greets

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

johannesstuttne
Contributor II

No one here that used the ETH1 before?

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The MQX BSP (which runs on the M4 core) for the i.MX6SX doesn’t consider supporting Ethernet, because they are mainly controlled by the A9 core (on Linux or other no-real-time BSP).

Have you consider using the Ethernet controller from Linux?

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

johannesstuttne
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

thanks for the replay. The m4 should send a fixed predefined Ethernet package trigged by a real-time timer every 500 ms. The System has to observe hard Deadlines; therefore a real time operating System is needed...

Is there a easy way to implement the eth driver into BSP? I don´t need any protocol intelligence, only raw write/read assess to ETH...

0 Kudos