qt.qpa.wayland: xkbcommon not available on this build, not performing key mapping

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qt.qpa.wayland: xkbcommon not available on this build, not performing key mapping

rthomas
Contributor III

Hello, I built the fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx for the IMX8M Quad using the fsl-wayland distro. I am running a QT application in my imx8 and when trying to enter text into a LineEdit I get "qt.qpa.wayland: xkbcommon not available on this build, not performing key mapping"

Would anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

belpai
Contributor II

Sorry to reopen the ticket. But I think we can add an answer for whoever ends up here in the future.

I have the same issue, also had `libxkbcommon` into the image under `/usr/lib/` and kept having the same error.

The problem was basically on Yocto build, I missed configuring the qtbase `PACKAGECONFIG` variable to enable the xkbcommon option.

To do that, you add a new layer, create a `qtbase_%.bbappend` file and add:

`PACKAGECONFIG:append:<machinename> = " xkbcommon"`

NOTE: If you don't add the <machinename> you will have failures because other packages won't have the -native extension.
NOTE2: make sure to do that in a clean build (or clean all qt packages), other `ptest` will fail complaining that a configuration was changed, and it doesn't know why.

0 Kudos

arslan
Contributor III

I also have this problem. Do have a solution for this problem?

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello rthomas,

You need  to add that library to yocto build, but xkbcommon still required without X11. Our build does not support X11, just Wayland and nullWindow (EGLFS). It used to work through xkbcommon-evdev only.

Regards

0 Kudos

rthomas
Contributor III

What is the name of the package? I installed libxkbcommon-dev  and xkbcommon into my local.conf and I am still receiving the error.

0 Kudos

michaelnazzaren
Contributor I

Hi

You need to add I think

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtbase = " libinput xkbcommon"

0 Kudos

Neil-Hsu
Contributor II

Hi,

This solution seems not work on imx8 bsp L5.15.32-2.0.0. I am using meta-qt6 and this problem still happen. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos