imxvideoconvert plug-in build guide

Jump to solution
dongjin
Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm using imx8qm with MEK.

I found NXP supports imx-gst1.0-plugins from Code Aurora git repositories 

But I couldn't build it.

Could you guide me how can I build and test it? I want to add customization at imxvideoconvert_g2d plug-in.

I installed meson and ninja in my IMX8QM board.

Thanks,

Dongjin Ha.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

why don't you use nxp yocto or standalone kernel? which includes all of gstreamer plugins already, you can refer to the Chapter 2 Porting Kernel of enclosed file

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
imx8-mdt
Contributor I

@joanxie

as my understanding,  imx-gst1.0-plugins is a software run in user-space, rather than in kernel.

we can build the kernel standalone. Can we also build the imx-gst1.0-plugins separately?

In fact,  we generate the rootfs with Buildroot.But I can't figure out how to build imx-gst1.0-plugins in buildroot. So I hope to build imx-gst1.0-plugins standalone and copy them into the rootfs.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, this isn't belong to the kernel, nxp yocto bsp includes this, this is source code link, maybe you can download it and build it

"https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-gst1.0-plugin/tree/MM_04.07.00_2205_L5.15.y"

0 Kudos
imx8-mdt
Contributor I

thanks @joanxie for your reply.

Do you have any tutorial about how to build https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-gst1.0-plugin/tree/MM_04.07.00_2205_L5.15.y ?  

It seems there is no detail info in its README

0 Kudos
dongjin
Contributor II

when I try to enter below command I can see below error.

mkdir build

cd build

meson ..

../meson.build:22:0: ERROR: Dependency "gstreamer-1.0" not found, tried pkgconfig and cmake

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

why don't you use nxp yocto or standalone kernel? which includes all of gstreamer plugins already, you can refer to the Chapter 2 Porting Kernel of enclosed file

0 Kudos