Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mp Problems running M7 sound card

Jump to solution
aber
Contributor III

Hello nxp

I run the M7 program on the development board refer to IMX_LINUX_USERS_GUIDE.pdf .

kernel version Linux imx8mpevk 5.15.32-lts

aber_0-1663055435870.png

After entering the system, I also copied asound.conf_rpmsg_imx8mp. After restarting, the system cannot find wm8960 audio. tried the 5.10.72 kernel version and couldn't find it either. Is this your bug? What needs to be corrected. thanks

aber_1-1663055551157.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
aber
Contributor III

Hello AldoG 

By default, M7 runs the helloworld program, and the debug serial port can output hello world. It seems that there is no problem, and the environment variables are also saved to ensure that it can run every boot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Did you save the environmental variables, when you set both the device tree and the script to fatload the M7 image?
Also, do you see anything in the M7 console?

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos
aber
Contributor III

Hi AldoG 

found the problem, dts needs to configure imx8mp-evk-rpmsg-lpv.dtb, bin cannot run hello_world, and the sound card can be found under the system. TKS!

0 Kudos
aber
Contributor III

Hi AldoG 

NXP i.MX Release Distro 5.15-kirkstone imx8mpevk ttymxc1

imx8mpevk login: root
root@imx8mpevk:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: btscoaudio [bt-sco-audio], device 0: 30c20000.sai-bt-sco-pcm-wb bt-sco-pcm-wb-0 [30c20000.sai-bt-sco-pcm-wb bt-sco-pcm-wb-0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: audiohdmi [audio-hdmi], device 0: i.MX HDMI i2s-hifi-0 [i.MX HDMI i2s-hifi-0]
card 2: imxaudioxcvr [imx-audio-xcvr], device 0: XCVR PCM snd-soc-dummy-dai-0 [XCVR PCM snd-soc-dummy-dai-0]
root@imx8mpevk:~# cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [btscoaudio ]: simple-card - bt-sco-audio
bt-sco-audio
1 [audiohdmi ]: audio-hdmi - audio-hdmi
audio-hdmi
2 [imxaudioxcvr ]: imx-audio-xcvr - imx-audio-xcvr
imx-audio-xcvr

Can't find wm8960 sound card.Do you have any good suggestions?

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I'll double check on my side as well, but please note that Cortex-M7 should be running imx8mp_m7_TCM_low_power_voice.bin or imx8mp_m7_TCM_low_power_wakeword.bin not the hello world.

Regarding WM8960 sound card, please note that RPMSG based dts have access to the codec trough I2C rpbus:
https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx/tree/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/imx8mp-evk-r...

So make sure that you're running the correct Cortex-M7 application.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos
aber
Contributor III

Hi AldoG,

I wonder why running other M7 .bin files why audio can't be found.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

This is because when using RPMSG based dts, it will probe the WM8960 sound card trough I2C RPBUS, this will need for Cortex-M7 application to have I2C enabled.

One could check the sai_low_power_audio SDK example for this.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos
aber
Contributor III

Hi AldoG

I don't see these two files in the default bsp package  imx8mp_m7_TCM_low_power_voice.bin or imx8mp_m7_TCM_low_power_wakeword.bin 

I have tried all these bins and can't find the sound card。

aber_0-1663726354577.png

0 Kudos
aber
Contributor III

Hello AldoG 

By default, M7 runs the helloworld program, and the debug serial port can output hello world. It seems that there is no problem, and the environment variables are also saved to ensure that it can run every boot.

0 Kudos