cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mini solo:rpmsgtty driver and w5500 driver Cannot work simultaneously

Jump to solution
peterpeng1
Contributor I

After installing the rpmsgtty driver, a transmission queue timeout error is reported when installing the w5500 driver. See error.txt for specific errors, and see pinmux.c for M4 program. 

My guess is that the rpmsgtty and w5500 drivers preempt the work queue under the single core. The odd thing is, if I keep reading rpmsg in my M4 program, even if I don't have specific data. W5500 can also work normally. Based on this, I suspect that something in the rpmsgtty driver is blocking, causing the work queue to be congested. I tried looking at the rpmsgbus source code, but my skills weren't strong enough to read it myself or it took a lot of time. 

I hope you can answer that. Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
peterpeng1
Contributor I

Thank you. I figured it out. It may be that I am operating IO under the same bank at a higher frequency before transmitting RPMSG, so there is contention between the two sides

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @peterpeng1 

From the log ( NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1 (w5100): transmit queue 0 timed out), the w5100 timed out and is not stuck in the rmpgtty driver. 

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos
peterpeng1
Contributor I

Thank you. I figured it out. It may be that I am operating IO under the same bank at a higher frequency before transmitting RPMSG, so there is contention between the two sides

0 Kudos