Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8m HAB flash_evk_emmc_fastboot vs flash_evk

Jump to solution
splkwill
Contributor II

Hello,

While trying to get HAB working on an imx8mp SoM, I discovered that imx-mkimage target flash_evk_emmc_fastboot doesn't work and would generate HAB events, whereas the flash_evk target works fine.

Looking through soc.mak for iMX8M, the only difference between the two is the specification of -dev emmc_fastboot.

Digging further into mkimage_imx8.c, it seems like the difference is setting rom_image_offset to 0x8000 (IMAGE_OFFSET_SD), where emmc_fastboot is set to 0. Also, looking into print_fit_hab.sh, it assumes a 0x8400 offset for V2.

I guess my question is, should rom_image_offset be set to 0x8000 for emmc_fastboot? Or somehow be handled in the print_fit_hab.sh to account for rom_image_offset=0.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @splkwill 

Have you firstly burned the eMMC fastboot fuse? 

Harvey021_0-1668664158186.png

If you are using i.MX8MP, then it is a V2 version from mkimage tool's view. Then

should rom_image_offset be set to 0x8000 for emmc_fastboot?

---> Yes.

Or somehow be handled in the print_fit_hab.sh to account for rom_image_offset=0.

---> I think imx-mkimage didn't take emmc_fastboot case into account. Maybe you can add below new target in soc.mk for this case.

-----

print_fit_hab_emmc_fastboot: u-boot-nodtb.bin bl31.bin $(dtb)
./$(PAD_IMAGE) $(TEE)
./$(PAD_IMAGE) bl31.bin
./$(PAD_IMAGE) u-boot-nodtb.bin $(dtb)
TEE_LOAD_ADDR=$(TEE_LOAD_ADDR) ATF_LOAD_ADDR=$(ATF_LOAD_ADDR) VERSION=$(VERSION) ../$(SOC_DIR)/print_fit_hab.sh 0x68000 $(dtb)
@rm -f $(dtb)

-----

Best regards

Harvey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @splkwill 

Have you firstly burned the eMMC fastboot fuse? 

Harvey021_0-1668664158186.png

If you are using i.MX8MP, then it is a V2 version from mkimage tool's view. Then

should rom_image_offset be set to 0x8000 for emmc_fastboot?

---> Yes.

Or somehow be handled in the print_fit_hab.sh to account for rom_image_offset=0.

---> I think imx-mkimage didn't take emmc_fastboot case into account. Maybe you can add below new target in soc.mk for this case.

-----

print_fit_hab_emmc_fastboot: u-boot-nodtb.bin bl31.bin $(dtb)
./$(PAD_IMAGE) $(TEE)
./$(PAD_IMAGE) bl31.bin
./$(PAD_IMAGE) u-boot-nodtb.bin $(dtb)
TEE_LOAD_ADDR=$(TEE_LOAD_ADDR) ATF_LOAD_ADDR=$(ATF_LOAD_ADDR) VERSION=$(VERSION) ../$(SOC_DIR)/print_fit_hab.sh 0x68000 $(dtb)
@rm -f $(dtb)

-----

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos