Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx-gpu-sdk compile error IMX8MP/IMX8MM/IMX8MQ

Jump to solution
coindu
Contributor IV

Hi :

When compiling Yocto bsp, I encounter imx-gpu-sdk error sometimes. It is useless with below command:

bitbake -c cleansstate imx-gpu-sdk;

bitbake imx-gpu-sdk

The only method can work is to rm -rf tmp ,then bitbake the image again. How to fix this error ? I do not want to compile the full image again.

ERROR: When reparsing /home/abc/L5.4.70/sources/meta-imx/meta-sdk/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-sdk/imx-gpu-sdk_5.6.2.bb:do_compile, the basehash value changed from 512ede71228f99e9c29ae4fecd012c0c4dae1eb5d4137ecb00ec6a3dde209518 to c5e5f9d8db0be4180692c3aef27c64a8e920c03554e7c01a398b1b1b4b7b648d. The metadata is not deterministic and this needs to be fixed.
ERROR: The following commands may help:
ERROR: $ bitbake imx-gpu-sdk -cdo_compile -Snone
ERROR: Then:
ERROR: $ bitbake imx-gpu-sdk -cdo_compile -Sprintdiff

0 Kudos
1 Solution
WilliamBagshaw-imd
Contributor II

An old post, but I hit issue so posting a idea.

The issue is that the recipe appears to change. Looking through the recipe it is not dependent on the date. It has a carriage return at the end. However it is dependent on BB_NUMBER_THREADS which I am varying throughout the build process. This is because some recipes use too much resource and build a lot better if I reduce the available resources.

So I think it parses and caches the recipe and then only when it builds it does it check that it has not changed. So I think there may be two solutions. Do not vary BB_NUMBER_THREADS  when partially building or rebuilding. The second thing that may work is to clean using something like bitbake -c cleansstate imx-gpu-sdk before the first bitbake that actually builds it. I think it will reread the recipe using the current BB_NUMBER_THREADS  and then build it.

I am testing a build with BB_NUMBER_THREADS changed to be the same when calling bitbake to build it as the first time I call bitbake. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WilliamBagshaw-imd
Contributor II

An old post, but I hit issue so posting a idea.

The issue is that the recipe appears to change. Looking through the recipe it is not dependent on the date. It has a carriage return at the end. However it is dependent on BB_NUMBER_THREADS which I am varying throughout the build process. This is because some recipes use too much resource and build a lot better if I reduce the available resources.

So I think it parses and caches the recipe and then only when it builds it does it check that it has not changed. So I think there may be two solutions. Do not vary BB_NUMBER_THREADS  when partially building or rebuilding. The second thing that may work is to clean using something like bitbake -c cleansstate imx-gpu-sdk before the first bitbake that actually builds it. I think it will reread the recipe using the current BB_NUMBER_THREADS  and then build it.

I am testing a build with BB_NUMBER_THREADS changed to be the same when calling bitbake to build it as the first time I call bitbake. 

0 Kudos