cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx.6 emmc v4.41 I/O Voltage Levels

emilzachariageo
Contributor II

Hi,

I wanted to use 2.8V instead of 3.3V for VCC & VCCQ for Micron's MTFC8GLGDM-AIT Z EMMC v4.41 device. As the datasheet of EMMC card says it is JEDEC/MMC standard version 4.41-compliant, we came to know that 27V is okay.

pastedImage_1.png

The signal levels calculated for VCCQ= 2.8V are shown below in red-outlined boxes.

pastedImage_2.png

imx.6 datasheet says that its emmc4.41 mode is of 3.3V signalling level.pastedImage_3.png

So, I wanted to know the I/O signal levels compatible with imx.6 to check if my 2.8V configuration is practical.

If anyone has previously used such voltage configurations, please do help me solve the issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Emil Zacharia George,

You may find more details on the GPIO characteristics on the i.MX6 Datasheet. The pins may be configured for 1.8V and 3.3V operation (see details on the datasheet, though).

However, I would strongly recommend targeting to the 3.3V for the eMMC and the GPIO interfaces as 2.8 is in the lower part of the threshold and while theoretically it should work it may lead to problems as the system is not as robust as possible.

Regards,

0 Kudos