user123412
Contributor I

When building Android 13 (latest android-13.0.0_2.2.0) via these commands:

source build/envsetup.sh
lunch evk_8mp-userdebug
./imx-make.sh -j4 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt

I get the follwing error(s):

[ 99% 420/422] test android/soong/sdk
[ 99% 421/422] analyzing Android.bp files and generating ninja file at out/soong/build.ninja
FAILED: out/soong/build.ninja
cd "$(dirname "out/host/linux-x86/bin/soong_build")" && BUILDER="$PWD/$(basename "out/host/linux-x86/bin/soong_build")" && cd / && env -i "$BUILDER" --top "$TOP" --soong_out "out/soong" --out "out" -o out/soong/build.ninja --globListDir build --globFile out/soong/globs-build.ninja -t -l out/.module_paths/Android.bp.list --available_env out/soong/soong.environment.available --used_env out/soong/soong.environment.used.build Android.bp
error: vendor/nxp/vpu_wrapper/Android.bp:85:1: "lib_vpu_wrapper" depends on undefined module "libcodec"
error: vendor/nxp/vpu_wrapper/Android.bp:85:1: "lib_vpu_wrapper" depends on undefined module "libhantro"
error: vendor/nxp/vpu_wrapper/Android.bp:85:1: "lib_vpu_wrapper" depends on undefined module "libhantro_vc8000e"
[100% 422/422] test android/soong/apex
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
13:16:51 soong bootstrap failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (48 seconds) ####

It looks like the same error was posted about here, but was never resolved: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/IMX8MM-ANDROID13-BUILD/td-p/1591818

I have installed the dependencies included in the User Guide and from the Android site.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

giampietroghizz
Contributor II

hi,
I am trying to do the same thing.
I am following the directions given in this document:
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/Android_Auto_User's_Guide.pdf

however i see that the “build” folder is not created with the envsetup.sh file

could you give me some pointers?

thanks

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @user123412,

Could you please tell me your host RAM and memory space?

It seems that the problem is related to the RAM space please have a look to the following link:
Android Opensource Project build error `FAILED: out/soong/build.ninja` - Stack Overflow

Please try and tell if it works.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos

user123412
Contributor I

I am using 64 GB RAM and I should also have ample swap (2 GB). When I build with only one job (make -j1), the error still occurs. The error looks to be related to undefined modules/dependencies. 

0 Kudos

user123412
Contributor I

By the way, I am using this command to initialize the repo(s):

repo init -u https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-manifest.git -b imx-android-13 -m rel_android-13.0.0_2.2.0.xml

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @user123412

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have any other updates on this case?

I tested it on my side, and it is working fine. I suggest you delete your build process and restart after upgrading all your packages.

0 Kudos