cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8 MCLK/BCLK phase

RHP
Contributor I

Hi Community

The old iMX7 processor had an issue where the SAI MCLK and BCLK would come up at random phases with each other when restarting the playback (e.g. using aplay). Attached are two screen dumps showing the phenomenon.

We are now looking to migrate to the new iMX8 application processor and need to know if this issue is still present or if this issue has been fixed? Sadly I currently do not have access to a iMX8 EVM so I am not able to test this myself.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The behaviour you describe is not an issue. The phase between MCLK and BCLK depends on the state of BCLK (High or Low) it stays when pausing the playback. To always get a pre-defined phase of MCLK to BCLK, you have to reset and re-initialize the SAI module every time you want to start the playback.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos