Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 write user unique id to OTP register

Jump to solution
dangnguyen
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I need to store user unique id to iMX6 board and i know that write to OTP register helps me solve this issue.

I want to use HW_OCOTP_MISC_CONF to do this.

My questions are:

1/ What is the purpose of HW_OCOTP_MISC_CONF register on iMX6? When i use HW_OCOTP_MISC_CONF to store my id, Do any problems affect operation of iMX6 board?

2/ Does it have another OTP register which helps me write user id??

Thank you so much and Best regard!

Dang

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As for "free"  fuses, please refer to Chapter 5 (Fusemap) of the Reference Manual.
Customers can apply to OEM fields (if not used as SJC_RESP and MAC_ADDR);  also GP1, GP2
fuses may be mentioned here. SRK_HASH is intended for HAB application, if there is no need for HAB,
SRK_HASH also may be considered. But – strictly speaking – NXP does not guarantee that some of these
fuses (as GP) cannot be used by software (boot ROM, OS).

Regards,

Yuri.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

HW_OCOTP_MISC_CONF relates to PAD_SETTINGS fuse ; please refer to
Chapter 5 (Fusemap) of the i.MX6 D/Q RM. This field is used to configure IO pads
settings for boot. So, when burned, this may affect booting.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
dangnguyen
Contributor I

Thanks Yuri,

Because HW_OCOTP_MISC_CONF affects booting so can i use HW_OCOTP_MAC0 and HW_OCOTP_MAC1 to write my id? Also Chapter 5(Fusemap),  i see that MAC_ADD is reserved for customers/software.

Best regard!

Dang

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As for "free"  fuses, please refer to Chapter 5 (Fusemap) of the Reference Manual.
Customers can apply to OEM fields (if not used as SJC_RESP and MAC_ADDR);  also GP1, GP2
fuses may be mentioned here. SRK_HASH is intended for HAB application, if there is no need for HAB,
SRK_HASH also may be considered. But – strictly speaking – NXP does not guarantee that some of these
fuses (as GP) cannot be used by software (boot ROM, OS).

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos