Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 VDIC pixel rate

Jump to solution
sheldonlrucker
Contributor IV

Hello All,

In section 37.4.11.1 of the i.mx6 reference manual the following is stated.

Key features of the VDIC block include:

• Deintarlacing

• maximum horizontal resolution 968 pixels

• maximum pixel rate 75100MP/s

• Support YUV422 and YUV420 formats

My question pertains to the 75100MP/s pixel rate.  My understanding (which is probably wrong) is that MP/s stands for mega pixels per second where a mega pixel is 1,000,000 pixels.  Is this correct?

If this is correct than shouldn't the i.mx6 be more than capable of processing 1080i via the VDIC (assume using strip mode) given the following calculation?

(1080*1920 pixels/frame) * (1 / 2 frame / field) * (60 field / s) =  62208000 pixels / s = 62.208 MP/s.

Is this calculation correct?

Thank you,

Sheldon

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sheldon

I think calculations are correct, below part of IMX6DQRM p.2743

IMX6DQRM   rev.2   7_2014   p.2743.jpg

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sheldon

I think calculations are correct, below part of IMX6DQRM p.2743

IMX6DQRM   rev.2   7_2014   p.2743.jpg

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
sheldonlrucker
Contributor IV

Thank you for the clarification Igor.

Sheldon

0 Kudos