i.MX93 using MIPI-CSI-2 with a Bayer Pattern camera (RAW10)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX93 using MIPI-CSI-2 with a Bayer Pattern camera (RAW10)

steina
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a custom i.MX93 based board. Using the provided CSI-2 interface I want to use a bayer pattern camera (IMX327) transferring RAW10 data.

My device tree setup and media-ctl configuration is correct so far, but once I start the pipeline I get an IRQ storm from dwc-mipi-csi2 increasing "IPI Interface Fatal Error events" counter. The register value of INT_ST_IPI_FATAL is 0x2a indicating a IPI FIFO overflow. I suspect IPI is not pushing data to ISI at all, having not a single IRQ.

Reading https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/About-settings-to-operate-ov5640camera-on-i-MX93EVK/m-p... there seems to some kind of special configuration. I tried to adapt these values to RAW10, but I was wondering about CAMERA_MUX[DATA_TYPE] value 0x31 (user define16). Why is this not 0x2b for CSI-2 data type RAW10 but user define?

What could be the cause for IPI errors? How I could I firther debug this issue?

Thank and best regards,
Alexander

0 Kudos
4 Replies

wooosaiiii
Contributor III

Hi @brian14 ,

we are facing the same problem with i.MX93 and camera sensor that outputs RAW10/12 Bayer data.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos

steina
Contributor II

Hi,

any news on this topic?

Thanks and best regards,
Alexander

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @steina

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

I will review this case with the internal team, and I will contact you as soon as possible.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos

steina
Contributor II
Hello,

any news? Another month has passed.

Thanks, Alexander
0 Kudos