Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8QXP Ethernet PHY alternative for AR8031

Jump to solution
deepakgupta
Contributor II

Hello

We are working on a new design using the i.MXQXP MEK as reference and one of the key component that is onselete is the AR8031-AL1B used on the design. We are looking for a replacement for the same that is already supported by the NXP Linux and Android BSPs. 

This is a new design and we can use any part with easy availability and this not a NRND part. Any recommendations along these lines will be very useful. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I received a reply from internal team:

We have no plan to replace the AR8031 so far. Our demo board is just a reference design. Customer can choose the ethernet PHY chip according to their requirements.

Best regards.

Jorge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

The ethernet PHYs supported by default on the BSP are the next:

Jorge7u7_0-1687551730878.png

But we do not have a list of recommended parts as an alternative for AR8031.

I suggest you look for part numbers with similar characteristics.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos
deepakgupta
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply, is it possible for you to check with your internal teams, as they might be working on a replacement for the AR8031, considering it is a sunset part. 

For the Automotive Ethernet PHY we are using TJA1101, instead of the TJA1100 since that is used on the reference board OM14500/TJA1101, assuming that NXP BSP would have support for this. 

0 Kudos
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I received a reply from internal team:

We have no plan to replace the AR8031 so far. Our demo board is just a reference design. Customer can choose the ethernet PHY chip according to their requirements.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sure, I will update you as soon as possible.

Best regards.

0 Kudos