i.MX8 power on from time of day clock in SNVS domain?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8 power on from time of day clock in SNVS domain?

paulswanson
Contributor I

Is there a method to power up the i.MX8 from an off condition with the internal time of day clock?

This same question was asked about the i.MX6 ( https://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg561152.html ) in february of 2017, there seemed to be a couple kernel bugs preventing the correct behavior but if i read the answers posted it was yes.  The i.MX8 register structure is very similar.   

Figure 6-32 in the reference manual suggests there are events from the SNVS domain that can activate PMIC_ON_REQ just like the on/off button.   Unable to find clarity in the documentation if time of day clock is one of these.  HPRTC cannot - Time Of Day clock is always running however.   

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul

yes this can be done, one can look at rtc unit test

(SNVS_LP Secure Real Time Counter Register (LPSR TCM(L)R) are

used in always powered SNVS_LP domain)

mxc_rtc\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos