cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7D USB HSIC port init

thomasschaefer
Contributor III

Hi all,

I want to initialize USB HSIC port on our i.MX7D custom board. I managed to enable the LDO_1P2 power by setting bit 0 of the Anadig 1.2V HSIC Regulator Control Register.

However, I cannot find a way to enable the SW_HSIC_1P0 power switch for the USB HSOC 1.0V power supply as stated in 5.1.4.5.4 of the reference manual.

Which registers will I have to control to enable that power switch?

Trying to set the PP bit in the Port Status and Control register to enable port power causes u-boot to hang.

Best regards,

Thomas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

thomasschaefer
Contributor III

Hi,

sorry for the late response, just grabbed the notification out of my Junk folder this morning...

As this issue was 3 years ago, I'm no longer aware of details, but I remember that we manged to get HSIC running on our SMARC module.

U-boot sources of our module have been added to github, see https://github.com/kontron/u-boot-smarc-samx7.git

After cloning, go to the board/kontron/smx7 folder and look for 'imx_set_usb_hsic_power' and 'hsic_1p2_regulator_out' functions.

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos

ssekar15
Contributor I

Hello Thomas,

Thanks you very much for your reply, I could manged to get it working.

Thanks,
Saravanan

0 Kudos

ssekar15
Contributor I

@thomasschaefer @gusarambula I'm also facing similar hang on U-boot while access portsc register for HSIC usb in imx7d. Could you help if you had succeed and fix is available?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ssekar15,

I have learned that 1P0 is controlled by the same bits as 1P8. The comment in the reference manual is not applicable for the imx7 parts, but this should be now fixed on the documentation as it was escalated at the time of the original thread.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas,

I'm investigating this matter as indeed it's not well documented and I'm wondering if the switch is actually reachable. I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas,

I got confirmation that the P0 is controlled by the same bits as 1P8. The comment in the reference manual is not applicable for the imx7 parts. This will be fixed in future releases of the documentation. Thanks for pointing it out and sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

0 Kudos