cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6UL - how to configure MQS (Medium Quality Sound) under Linux

cbrake
Contributor III

Hi,

Trying to get MQS working on a i.MX6UL project.  I have the following in my board DTS:

&mqs {

clock-names = "mclk";

status = "okay";

};

When I boot up the system, I see the following kernel messages:

ERROR: could not get clock /soc/aips-bus@02000000/mqs:mclk(0)                                                                  │

fsl-mqs 2000000.aips-bus:mqs: failed to get the clock: -2         

So, looking for clues and ideas how to configure this.  The ref manual has the following:

The user needs to program SAI1 to output 2-channel MSB-16bit active I2S signal, and

then to program the related IOMUXC_GPR2 bits.

Attached is a de-compiled version of my DTB, so you have a complete snapshot of my DT config.

Appreciate any pointers or an example of a platform that has this working that I could reference.

Thanks,

Cliff

Original Attachment has been moved to: x.dts.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cliff

mqs example can be found in imx6ul-14x14-ddr3-arm2-mqs.dts

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

documentation: fsl,mqs.txt,imx-audio-mqs.txt

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cbrake
Contributor III

Thanks Igor -- I'm now getting a PWM signal out with a frequency of around 760KHz -- does that sound right?

Cliff

0 Kudos