cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6UL LCD Interface Pinout

Jump to solution
oneil
Contributor II

I'm looking at Table 32-3 in "i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor Reference Manual, Rev. 2, 03/2017" on pages 1943-1945 and am not seeing any information as to which LCD_DATAxy pins correspond to Red, Green, and Blue in the RGB LCD interface when used in the 24-bit mode.

Can you tell me which three sets of eight pins correspond to red, green, and blue pixel information out of LCD_DATA[0:23] pins?

Are these pins user-configurable? Can I choose which pins correspond to red, green, and blue? If so, how?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

It depends of your LCD and driver. You can use it as a reference:

Jorge7u7_0-1698172429068.png

There is no an specific pin for each RGB pixel information.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

It depends of your LCD and driver. You can use it as a reference:

Jorge7u7_0-1698172429068.png

There is no an specific pin for each RGB pixel information.

Best regards.

oneil
Contributor II

@JorgeCasI was wondering if you could provide information on where the definition of RGB pixel information is made. Is that specified in the driver for the display? In the device tree settings? I am running yocto on my i.MX6UL and am talking to a 24-bit RGB LCD.

0 Kudos
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It should be defined on driver and also on the characteristics of the LCD.

The device tree only will define the pin signals described on Table 32-3.

Best regards.

oneil
Contributor II

Hi @JorgeCas ,

I found this diagram in the "I.MX RT eLCDIF RGB Mode Use Case" application note, which looks to be where you sourced the diagram you initially replied to me with.

oneil_0-1698345097512.png

If I understand your response correctly, I should be able to arbitrarily change the pinout such that [D0,D7] correspond to Blue [0,7] and [D16, D23] correspond to Green [0,7]. Correct?

I am using the eLCDIF driver to talk to my 24-bit RGB screen. I am hoping you can point me to where in that driver I can define which grouping of pins corresponds to which color.

0 Kudos
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Do you have identified the driver that controls your display?

Usually that is the best reference that you can use to understand how to send the information property.

Just as an example, I suggest you check the datasheet of the HX8357 on page 19.

On the document is defined how to send the information to the display on the different x-bit Parallel Bus System Interface modes.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
oneil
Contributor II

Hi @JorgeCas , thanks for your help

oneil
Contributor II

@riteshmpatelyou helped me with a similar question on the i.MX7, do you have any insight on this question as well?

0 Kudos