cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SLL SPL Boot

vlintilhac
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to boot the MX6SLLEVK board with SPL, but the SPL build seems to not be included by default in the uboot-imx repo for this processor. Can SPL be used on this processor?

What board should I use as a reference for my build (I am currently using the mx6slevk_spl_defconfig but without success) and what changes do I need to make (OCRAM loading address...)

For now I'm just trying to have a the debug LED setup or a printf in the UART console, so my mx6sllevk_spl.c file is very simple and contains these functions in board_init_f():

- arch_cpu_init()

- ccgr_init()

- setup_debug_led() //muxing and setup of EPDC_VCOM1=HIGH

- setup_iomux_uart() //muxing of UART1 pads

- preloader_console_init()

- printf()

Let me know if you need any more info.

Best,

Vincent

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeday
Contributor I

@vlintilhac were you able to make SPL working? I faced with same same issue.

0 Kudos

vlintilhac
Contributor III

Hi Jeday,

I finally decided to not use a SPL boot but to stick with uboot.imx and start the DDR from there, using the setting from the ddr stress tool.

I used this repo https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/uboot-imx/tree/?h=master (be sure to use the master branch, I faced some issues with other branches like lf_v2020.04). You can find some doc for SPL in the doc folder of this repo.

Hope it helps.

Vincent

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

one can try to follow  i.MX Yocto Project User’s Guide​   sect.5.1 Build configurations  select  "imx6sllevk".

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos