cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Q MIPI_CSI_ERR1 report on unused virtual channel

michaeltang
Contributor II

Hi ,

I'm trying to port a 4-lane Bayer raw camera to i.MX6Q. But the image doesn't come.

After checking the MIPI_CSI register,

the MIPI_CSI_PHY_STATE is fine, the bit 7:4 switched between 0xF and 0x0,

and the MIPI_CSI_ERR1 is very weird, because it returns 0x10000010, as I know, bit 4 is indicating the FS/FE error of virtual channel 0. But I connected the camera to IPU0_CSI1 according to AN5305, this channel only accept virtual channel 1, and sensor was configured in virtual channel 1. But some unimportant information data from sensor does use virtual channel 0, I don't want handle them for now. 

The question is, does the bit 4 (err_f_bndry_match_vc0) and bit 28 (err_ecc_double) matters in my case? Could I ignore the bit 4?

If not, which part should I check?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

seems bit 4 can be ignored, however bit 28 (err_ecc_double) may prevent to receive frame

correctly. As example handling of multiple virtual channels one can check link

iMX6DQ MAX9286 MIPI CSI2 720P camera surround view solution for Linux BSP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos