cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Q MIPI CSI-2 Camera Driver Communication Enable Problem

mustafabakircio
Contributor IV

Hello;

I am writing mipi csi-2 camera driver on linux but I have problem about communication enable signal. I have the technical data sheet in my hand  of the camera.But the communication enable register or another info about how to set or get this signal is not mentioned. I think this signal is get from device tree I dont know . This signal called datasheet as a XCE signal and these are the information about that ;

1. XCE: Communication enable 4-wire: XCE pin and I2C: Fixed to High
2.The pin for 4-wire serial communication and I2C communication is shared, so the external pin XCE must be fixed to power supply side when using I2C communication
Screenshot from 2017-07-12 10-33-48.png

These are the some information about that other information of XCE is about how to use it while configuring camera . I need some advice or any idea to figure out how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mustafa

one can connect XCE to gpio and set it in linux/arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-imx6q.c

linux-imx.git - i.MX Linux Kernel 

then try to reuse existing mipi driver described in attached Linux Manual

Chapter 20 MIPI CSI2 Driver

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mustafabakircio
Contributor IV

Thank you igorpadykov i will try it and return to you.

0 Kudos