Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Linux usage of OCRAM

Jump to solution
vsiles
Senior Contributor I

Hi !

We are running a secure OS alongside Linux on some different flavors of i.MX6 boards, and we need to use the OCRAM from the Secure Side. I want to protect the code/data we put on the OCRAM using the provided OCRAM_TZASC. But I am not 100% sure about some behavior of Linux:

* Is Linux using the OCRAM at all ? (maybe for some low power/ suspend features ?)

* If Linux is using the OCRAM, where can I find this in the code, so I can survey how much memory is needed, and I can put our secure information in a different location, so we don't fight over memory

* Is the total amount of OCRAM is 256 Kb ? I'm not sure about the "OCRAM aliased" entry in the memory table.

For your information, we are using 2 flavors of Linux:

* one from NXP: git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git

* one from Boundary Devices (for our sabre lite boards): git://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6.git

Best,

V.

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

for memory usage please refer to Chapter 3 Machine Specific Layer (MSL)

attached Linux Manual. Yes Linux uses the OCRAM, i.MX6Q OCRAM is 256 KB,

"alias" means the same memory mapped on other address.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

for memory usage please refer to Chapter 3 Machine Specific Layer (MSL)

attached Linux Manual. Yes Linux uses the OCRAM, i.MX6Q OCRAM is 256 KB,

"alias" means the same memory mapped on other address.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
vsiles
Senior Contributor I

Hi !

Thank you for the document, it gave me hints on which file to parse. I'll try to see how much OCRAM linux is using, so I can reserve some for secure usage.

0 Kudos