cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e2label bad magic number in superblock

Jump to solution
krzysztofsza_ac
Contributor III

Hello to everyone, thanks for having opportuinty to use i.MX, that is really great!

We're using mx6q and trying to build Android 4.2.2 from scratch basing on varwiki page but we stucked on creating bootable SD (http://variwiki.com/index.php?title=VAR-SOM-MX6_Android_GS_R21#Boot_From_MMC.2FSD_Card)

There was need to modify mksdcard.sh because data partition was too large (fdisk stated that partition 4 is occuping more space than available), so we changed data_size variable to total_size - sum of all other partitions

When executing "sudo ./mksdcard.sh /dev/sdb mx6q" (sdb is sd card) there is error message and the end of script:

e2label bad magic number in superblock while trying to open /dev/sdb/5.

Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

Here is log from rs223 debug port: U-Boot 2009.08.02-00698-g188d8b8 (sie 06 2014 - 08:26:25)... - justpaste.it

It ends with message "init: Unable to open persistent property directory /data/property errno: 2" and on LCD we see open Android with red exclamation mark.

Can you suggest us what we did wrong?

Labels (2)
1 Solution
krzysztofsza_ac
Contributor III

Found the problem by myself. We messed up with bootloader configuration - when choosing proper command ("make ARCH=arm mx6q_var_som_android_config # VAR-SOM-MXQ/D, boot from MMC") it's working.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
krzysztofsza_ac
Contributor III

Found the problem by myself. We messed up with bootloader configuration - when choosing proper command ("make ARCH=arm mx6q_var_som_android_config # VAR-SOM-MXQ/D, boot from MMC") it's working.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for posting the answer in our communities as it will surely help other users having similar issues!

0 Kudos