do_patch: function failed: patch_do_patch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do_patch: function failed: patch_do_patch

jaux_al
Contributor I

I am using yocto build a linux image that integrates some layers of wlan and a specific wifi chip, but seems like patching of one of the files is failing (details below)

Steps that I did:

- Created a working directory
- initialized a repo for kernel 4.14.98 via:

repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-sumo -m imx-4.14.98-2.3.3.xml

- sync the repo via repo sync
- created a temp folder outside of the current working dir, and download the specific code for wlan via

repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/quic/le/le/manifest.git -b release -m CHSS.LNX_FSLS.1.0-01200-QCAAUTOHOSTHZ.xml –repo-url=git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git –repo-branch=caf-stable

- repo the sync
- copy the meta-qti-connectivity and wlan-opensource folders into the source folder of the working directory
- Download the files for a specific wifi chip and copy over meta-qticonnectivity-prop and wlanproprietary into the source folder of the working directory

So now we have added additional 4 directories into the source folder of the working directory

- Set up the build environment
- Run bitbake core-image-minimal

and I see the following error:

ERROR: wpa-supplicant-git-r0 do_patch: Command Error: 'quilt --quiltrc <working_directory>/linux_image/build/tmp/work/imx8qxpmek-poky-linux/wpa-supplicant/git-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc push' exited with 0 Output:
Applying patch 0009-Sync-with-mac80211-next.git-include-uapi-linux-nl802.patch
patching file src/drivers/nl80211_copy.h
15 out of 20 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file src/drivers/nl80211_copy.h
Patch 0009-Sync-with-mac80211-next.git-include-uapi-linux-nl802.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
ERROR: wpa-supplicant-git-r0 do_patch: Function failed: patch_do_patch

I'm new to yocto, and from the looks of it, it seems the patch `0009-Sync-with-mac80211-next.git-include-uapi-linux-nl802.patch` didn't apply, but does that mean the issue is with the patch file or the way it's referenced?

The `SRC_URI` variable is used to locate the applicable patch files and `do_patch` isn't needed in the respective `.bb` file of wpa-supplicant, right?

Also, the respective bb file `wpa-supplicant` has the following:

SRC_URI = "file://wlan-opensource/wpa_supplicant_8/"
SRC_URI += "file://hostapdconf \
file://supplicantconf \

shouldn't patch files be defined with `.patch` at the end?

0 Kudos
0 Replies